Talks on Japan ● Japanese Art Workshops ● Author Visits
Helping children expand their understanding of culture/diversity through insights into Japanese culture
My programme can be adapted for all age groups and I deliver a tailor made programme suited to each school’s individual needs (online sessions available).
Below are the activities you can choose from, and for children in EYFS, I can also offer an author visit.
Talk & Presentation
I give a talk about Japan using Power Point presentation and give a fun quiz. Pupils will learn about Japan including:
・ Geography ・ Cities ・ Population
・ Seasons ・ Weather ・ Volcano
・ Tradition ・ Products ・ Language
・ Art ・ People ・ Food
I’m happy to include any other topics on request.
Origami is the Japanese art of paper folding. Recent research has shown that origami helps children develop hand-eye coordination, patience and spatial skills as well as enhance their memory and their concentration. Origami also develops mindfulness. In Japan, origami is a popular art form that is integrated into the curriculum for primary education.
Chigiri-e is a traditional Japanese art form in which pictures are created from pieces of hand-torn Japanese paper called ‘washi’. In this workshop, pupils will learn how to create chigiri-e with a more readily accessible material – newspaper. This workshop also teaches the Japanese mindset of ‘wabi-sabi, – embracing the beauty found in simplicity and imperfection.
🔶 I’m happy to deliver other art workshops based on any Japanese themes. 🔶
For any inquiries or to discuss how I can help your school, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
“I loved how immersive it was, and how well pitched it was to the children’s level.”
– Mr Bell, Headteacher at Shotley Bridge Primary School
My author visit sessions are best suited for children in EYFS and KS1. I share my stories, discuss with the children about where story ideas come from and how they can find ideas for themselves. Children can also have art activities based on the stories. Parents have the option to order signed copies of my books with a discount.
Find out more about my children’s books here.
For children’s activities & teaching resources, you can download all the activities below.
Full Session (4 Hours) - 350*
Example of Activities
- Talk & Presentation for KS1 (30 mins)
- Talk & Presentation for KS2 (30 mins)
- Storytelling & workshop for EYFS (30 mins)
- Storytelling & workshop for KS1 (30 mins)
- 4 x Origami Workshops for KS1/KS2 (30 min session in each classroom, 30 pupils max)
- 2 x Chigiri-e Workshops for KS1/KS2 (1 hour session in each classroom, 30 pupils max)
Half Session (2 Hours) - £210*
Example of Activities 1
- Talk & Presentation for KS1/KS2 (30 mins)
- 3 x Origami Workshops for KS1/KS2 (30 min session in each classroom, 30 pupils max)
Example of Activities 2
- 1 x Chigiri-e Workshop for KS1/KS2 (1 hour session in each classroom, 30 pupils max)
- 3 x Origami Workshops for KS1/KS2 (20 min session in each classroom, 20 pupils max
- Material Costs for Art Workshops:
£40 for under 100 pupils / £65 for over 100 pupils
(If school is happy to provide necessary materials, no charge for this)
- Travel Expenses:
45p /mile for anywhere outside 20mile radius of Consett, County Durham
Please get in touch for any inquiries or to discuss how I can help your school.
Call +44 (0)7506 834 550
Email: email@example.com or use the Contact Form below